1. Reserve Books are available for in-library use only, for a period of 2 hours.They must be checked out prior to use. When circulating and / or faculty copies are no longer available and a professor wishes to use a reserve or reference copy for an in -class presentation, they may have permission to do so, provided that there is at least one other copy available for student use.
2. Anatomical Models are treated in the same manner as Reserve Books. They must be checked out prior to use, and may only be used in the library. Professors may borrow models for in-class presentations, even if it is the only model of its kind. However – it must be checked out prior to removal from the library, and, they must returned promptly after class.
3. CD-and-DVD ROMS, Lecture Series DVDs, VHS tapes, and all other media are available for both home and library use. They must be checked out prior to being used in the library and / or prior to removal from the library . Headphones are available for all student computers and DVD viewing software is installed on each machine. A TV/VCR is available in the tutoring room for viewing VHS tapes.
4. Fines on books are .25 cents per day. Fines for audiovisual materials (CDs, DVDs, and VHS tapes are $2.00 per day.
5. Holds and Renewals: Materials may be renewed twice, in person or by phone, but NOT by voicemail or email. Holds may be requested in person, by phone, or by email. Items on hold will be held for 3 days. If they are collected, they will be returned to the stacks, or checked out to the next person who requests it.
6. Loan periods for continuing education students, alumni, and clinic patients are shorter than those for registered students, staff and faculty. Always check to make sure the loan period is correct!
7. Magazines and Periodicals DO NOT CIRCULATE. They are available for library use only.
8. All borrowers MUST BE REGISTERED in Surpass, the Library Circulation Software. Borrowing privileges may be viewed or edited in Surpass, Circulation, Set-up, Circulation Rules. In general, for registered students, faculty and staff, VHS tapes, DVDs, CDs & CD ROMS may be borrowed for 7 days. Circulating books (both hardcover and softcover) may be borrowed for 21 days. For alumni, clinic patients, and continuing education students, the borrowing period for audiovisual materials is 5 days, for books – 14 days.