Please note the following:
- New York College of Health Professions (" New York College") reserves the right to refuse service or discontinue an employer posting anytime without cause.
- Under New York State law, fee splitting is illegal.
- If you are offering an employment opportunity to an acupuncturist; you must be a New York licensed acupuncturist, certified acupuncturist, a hospital or other New York State Article 28 health care facility, or an HMO. If you fall into one of these categories, you may either employ (W2, tax withholding) or contract with (1099) the acupuncturist. Employment contracts must be based on an hourly or weekly rate in accordance with applicable law and not a per visit rate.
- If you do not fall into one of the above categories you may not hire an acupuncturist, and that acupuncturist must do his/her own billing. The office rental agreement cannot be based on patient volume. The office rental must be a flat rental agreement.
- New York College does not make any representations and/or promises concerning and/or relating to the acupuncturist including but not limited to their qualification and license status.
- New York College shall not be responsible in any manner whatsoever concerning your employment of any person whether located through this posting or otherwise.
- You shall indemnify, defend and hold New York College and its officers, directors, managers, members, employees, attorneys, independent contractors and agents harmless from any and all claims, demands, liabilities, damages, suits, loss, costs and expenses (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys' fees) arising from, concerning, relating to and/or connected with your employment of the acupuncturist.
- By typing and/or keypunching your name to this agreement and/or posting, you acknowledge and agree that this shall be considered your agreement to the terms of this job posting and/or agreement and shall be considered as if you placed/signed your original signature.
For additional regulations, please contact the Office of the Professions at 518-474-3817 or www.op.nysed.gov. New York College is not providing any legal advice or guidance and you are solely responsible for determining all applicable laws and regulations and for compliance therewith.