Job Title: Student Records/Asst to Registrar
Department: Student Records/Registrar
Reports To: Registrar
FLSA Status: Exempt
Summary: The role is to assist in the daily workings of the Registrar/ Student Records office.
The Student Records/Asst to Registrar responsibilities include but are not limited to the collection, filing and maintenance of all student documentation and education records (past and present). This person reviews the files of all students applying for graduation and facilitates the licensing of all graduates by providing the required data to all interest agencies.
Qualifications: College degree preferred with a minimum of 5 years relevant administrative experience. Must have hands on approach and a thorough understanding of the administration and maintenance of student records. Experience with computerized student records and registration systems. Working knowledge of FERPA and other related legislative issues dealing with student records. Individual must possess a professional demeanor and have excellent communication and organizational skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (included but are not limited to):
- Assist in overseeing all operational activities of the Registrar’s Office.
- Supervise records management of active and archived student records.
- Responsible for inputting and integrity of the data in the student information system.
- Trouble-shoot student, faculty and staff questions.
- Manage the registration process and prepare for online registration conversion.
- Assist the Registrar, when necessary, during grading periods.
- To produce transcripts in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee the assignment of course sections to classroom spaces.
- Verification of student status to all city, state and local government agencies.
- Ensure the campus is compliant with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).
- Assure that student immunization records are in compliance with Public Health Law 2165.
- Project Management of all State and Federal required quarterly and annual reports.
- Track receipt of all required student documents to comply with New York College of Health Professions and New York State Department of Education requirements.
- Perform graduation processing which involves review of all student files applying for graduation. Review transcripts, transfer credit and credit waiver documentation, as well as, various graduation documentation. Provides information to the Commencement Committee regarding student data.
- Provide graduation certification to the New York State Department of Education, Division of Professional Licensing and various testing agencies to facilitate the licensing of all graduates.
- Ensure the Registrar’s Office is providing excellent customer service.
- Take on special projects as needed.
- Strong computer software skills, including the experience with a student information system
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills, oral and written communication skills
Please send an email if you are interested in the position and your resume also. We will contact you ASAP.