Financial Aid

  /  Financial Aid

Financial Aid

Regulations governing all financial assistance programs are subject to change. For further information regarding financial assistance please contact:

Office of Financial Aid
1-800-922-7337 ext. 132 or 130
Mail to: finaid@nycollege.edu

New York College of Health Professins is an eligible institution approved by the United States Department of Education and the New York State Education Department for participation in the following programs. The New York College School of Health Professions Code is 025994:


Federal Pell Grant www.FAFSA.Ed.Gov
These grants are available to students at an undergraduate level who have not previously received a Bachelor’s degree. Awards are grants and are based upon determination of eligibility and the number of credits taken. These grants do not have to be paid back.

Note: FSA ID – www.fsaid.ed.gov  You and your parents must create a FSA ID in order to sign the FAFSA electronically


Federal Supplement Education Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
Undergraduate grants given out to students with the greatest need, as determined by the Financial Aid Office. Funds for these grants are very limited..


Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) WWW.HESC.NY.GOV
The Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) is available to eligible New York State residents with a high school diploma from a high school within the US, or its equivalent, attending full-time in postsecondary institutions in the State of New York. TAP is a grant from the State of New York that is applied toward tuition, and is based upon the New York State net taxable income of the student and, if applicable, parents.


Aid for Part-Time Study (APTS)
Awards are available to part-time students taking 3 to 11 credits on a first come first serve basis. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.


Part-Time TAP
Part-Time TAP does not replace Aid for Part-Time Study and cannot be received in conjunction with an APTS award. Student must meet all the eligibility requirements for Full-Time TAP; in addition, the student must have earned 12 credits or more in each of the two consecutive trimesters. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

Available to need-based students who want to work while they are attending New York College of Health Professions.


Department of Veterans Affairs: Educational Benefits & Educational Assistance (G.I. Bill®)
If you need help paying for school or job training and you’ve served on active duty after September 10, 2001, you may qualify for the Post-9/11 GI Bill®. Find out if you can get education benefits through the Post-9/11 GI Bill®.


Can I get education benefits?

You can get education benefits if:

  • You qualify for any GI Bill® program, and
  • You’ve served on active duty for at least 90 days—with or without a break in service—after September 10, 2001.

If you qualify for more than one VA education benefit, you’ll have to pick which one you want to use. This is an irrevocable decision, meaning you can’t change your mind.


Who’s covered?

  • Veterans
  • Qualified dependents


What benefits can I get?

  • Tuition and fees
  • Money for housing (if you’re in school more than half time)
  • Money for books and supplies (up to $1,000 per school year)


Do I have Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits?
You can check to see if you have Post-9/11 GI Bill® benefits at www.vets.gov.


How do I get these benefits?
You’ll need to apply to www.vets.gov.

The benefit amount depends on which school you go to, how much active-duty service you’ve had since September 10, 2001, and how many credits or training hours you’re taking.


What benefits does the Post-9/11 GI Bill® include?

  • The full tuition amount for in-state schools up to the maximum national average of $22,805.34
  • A Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) based on the cost of living where your school is located
  • Up to 36 months of education benefits, in most cases payable for 15 years after your release from active duty
  • A percentage-of-maximum-benefit scale based on how much active service you’ve had since September 10, 2001


Example: If you had 90 days of active service since September 10, 2001, you would qualify for 40% of the maximum amount. Three years of active service would qualify you for 100% of the benefit.

Application forms, information and assistance on all G.I. benefits are available at the Department of Veterans Affairs offices. Contact them by calling 1-888-442-4551 or on the web at http://www.gibill.va.gov/.


Vocational Rehabilitation
The Office of Vocational and Educational Services for Individuals with Disabilities (VESID) provides services and financial assistance for education to students with certain disabilities. Further information can be obtained from the Division of Vocational Rehabilitation. Please check the phone book for your local office.



Direct Loans: Subsidized and Unsubsidized

Subsidized loans are need based and are available to students enrolled on at least a half-time basis (minimum 6 credits). Unsubsidized loans are available to all students enrolled at least part time.

Direct PLUS (Parent Loans for Undergraduate Students)
PLUS loans are for parent borrowers of students classified as Dependents. This loan provides additional funds for educational expenses

Direct Grad Plus
Federal Grad Plus loans have been available to graduate students. Repayment begins 60 days after the loan is disbursed.

Alternative Financing
All students enrolled with at least 3 credits may be eligible to apply for credit-based financing, which is intended to supplement the Stafford loan. Please speak with a Financial Aid counselor for more details on these loans.

For more information : NSLDS www.NSLDS.Ed.Gov
National Student Loan Data System. This web site provides students with all the loans they have taken out during their time in higher ed.


New York College offers Merit Scholarships. Please contact our Financial Aid Office for more information on applying and other scholarships available to students.

To request an application and FAFSA form, contact our Office of Financial Aid at finaid@nycollege.edu or 1.800.922.7337.

New York College of Health Professions has found information at the following web sites that may be helpful. 


The net price calculator enables current and prospective students, families, and consumers to determine an estimate of a current or prospective student’s individual net price at New York College. Click here to begin using the net price calculator.